Wednesday, January 25, 2012

PopMatters Features: The Best DVDs of 2011 & The 40 Best Films of 2011



The last couple weeks has seen PopMatters roll out various film-related best of 2011 lists. I contributed to two of them, the Best DVDs of 2011 and the 40 Best Films of 2011. For the former, I provided some contextual thoughts on both my favorite DVD set and my favorite Blu-Ray of the year: Eureka/Masters of Cinema's 8-disc 'Late Mizoguchi' box set and Sony Music Group's import-only (but region free) debut of Edward Yang's 1986 masterpiece The Terrorizers (#16 and #9, respectively). For the latter, I once again wrote about my favorite film of the year, Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives, which came in at #14. And that's gonna do it for my year-end coverage, which was frankly exhausting. I hope you've enjoyed. New film and record reviews should be popping up around these parts within the week.

No comments: