Thursday, December 30, 2010

InRO Feature: Year in Review - Top 20 Albums (Staff)



I hate to be so hasty after such a great year for music, but I really have little else to add as far as commentary goes for InRO's Top 20 Albums of 2010 list. I obviously contributed to the proceedings, writing up eight of the records included (and casting my vote for a few others which I'm glad found a place), but with a 2.5 hour End of Radio podcast set to drop this weekend--during which Brian and I talk at length about the year in music-- I'm quite frankly exhausted. So much so that I can't even really begrudge the inclusion of Taylor Swift or Kanye West at the top spot of our list (though I do smell a conspiracy), or fret over the missed opportunity of honoring some of the great drone records of the year (see: Emeralds; Oneohtrix), particularly when such modern classics as Going Places and Paul's Tomb: A Triumph found the support necessary to climb into our top ten. There really was an embarrassment of riches this year, and so it goes I suppose that we spread the wealth a little bit. In any case, there is more than enough here to appeal to all kinds of sensibilities. And in case you missed it, don't forget to check out my solo top ten albums feature and complete top 15 Yearbook entry (which is the list I submitted for this InRO feature). Hope you enjoy.

No comments: