Monday, February 15, 2010

InRO Feature: The 100 Best Films of the Decade



This week InReviewOnline continues it's "Decade in Review" project with our selections for the 100 best films of the last ten years. I'm certainly biased in this regard, but I honestly haven't come across too many decades-spanning lists with the reach and critical scope as what you're about to read here. Obviously, however, with most of my time spent on our equally exhaustive Top 100 Albums of the Decade feature, I wasn't able to contribute here quite as much as I would have liked. Nevertheless, I did take part in the voting process and have written up four of my favorite American films of the decade, including Spike Jonze's Adaptation, Andrew Jarecki's Capturing the Friedmans, David Fincher's Zodiac, and Terrence Malick's incomparable The New World. Check back all these week for daily updates, as I'll be posting updated links to all the proceedings as we move along. Hope everyone enjoys.

No comments: