Saturday, January 23, 2010

InRO Feature: The Top 15 Films of 2009



After considerable delay, InRO's year-end coverage continues with our Top 15 Films of 2009. Now, I don't want toot our own horn or anything, but this is probably one of the most substantial and passionate '09 film lists that you're likely come across. I personally admire all 15 of these films, many of which overlap with my personal list of the year's best, but there is no denying the love that has pushed each one of these films into our staff's collective consciousness. If you've been following my writing recently, you're already aware that my contributions to the film side of the site have been curbed as our music coverage has expanded in the last year, but I return here to offer up my thoughts on our #15 selection, Hirokazu Koreeda's exquisite Still Walking. Hopefully this comprehensive list proves worth the wait.

No comments: