Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Touch & Go Closes It's Doors (wait a minute, no they don't - at least not yet. phew!)

Update: Hmmm. Guess it's not as bad as all that. Looks like T&G is planning on releasing new music sometime in the future (after that hotly-anticipated Crystal Antlers LP that is). Really though, who knows when that's gonna be. For now I can forgo my label retrospective I was planing. Instead, have a look at my recent Break Up Your Band column discussing the merits of The Jesus Lizard's Goat, probably my favorite album ever released on Touch & Go.

Earlier: Whoa. My all-time favorite record label Touch & Go - so near and dear to my heart for years, and particularly as my tastes in music splintered in all directions at the tail-end of my high school years - has official shut down. This is a major blow for independent music, and one I will dig into a little deeper later on tonight. In the meantime, P4k has all the details.

No comments: