Tuesday, February 17, 2009

InRO Feature: Chasing Gold 5a: Final Oscar Predictions



It all comes to a head on Sunday, so I've gone ahead and stuck my neck out for a couple of my most personal nominees (Mickey, Viola, help me out), perhaps against my better judgment. No guts, no glory though, right? Check out my final Oscar predictions* over at iRO, in the year's last official Chasing Gold column. And look for a recap/fall-out post the following week.

"As the Oscar nominations were about to be revealed about a month ago, I anticipated the second phase of the race to be a more hotly contested free-for-all then even the lead up to the announcement turned out to be. Unfortunately that has proven to be wishful thinking as most of the top categories are all but signed, sealed and delivered at this point. The “Slumdog Millionaire” train is not stopping for anyone at this point, and it now feels as inevitable as ‘No Country’ and “The Departed” did the last couple of years. However, three races still hold some suspense, including Best Actor, Best Supporting Actress, and Best Original Screenplay. [Continue Reading]

*predictions subject to change

No comments: