Thursday, January 29, 2009

Stream: Neko Case - "People Got A Lotta Nerve"



I haven't been as enamored with Neko Case's shift away from alt-country in recent years as a lot of people have, but with her upcoming album Middle Cyclone just over the horizon, she seems to be tipping her hand a bit and more fully inhabiting the role as pop songwriter. That crazy album cover was the first glaring hint, and now first single "People Got A Lotta Nerve" drives the point home even further. The instantly catchy hook ("I'm a man man man man man man eater, but you're still suprised-prised-prised when I eat you") is just tongue-in-cheek enough to work, and it's over and done with quick enough that it leaves me anticipating the full-length more than I thought I would be at this point. So yeah, mission accomplished.

And hey, I love animals too.


No comments: