Monday, December 15, 2008

Popmatters' 60 Best Albums of 2008



Popmatters' annual list of the 60 best records of the year went up today, and I'm quite pleased with the results. I voted for the list and wrote the capsule review of El Guincho's Alegranza!, which placed at a cool #25 (it made my personal Top 10). Read the entire countdown here, or go right to my thoughts on Alegranza! here.

Here's the Top 10:

10. Los Campesinos! - Hold On Now, Youngster...
9. Elbow - The Seldom Seen Kid
8. Lil Wayne - The Carter III
7. Deerhunter - Microcastle
6. Cut Copy - In Ghost Colours
5. The Bug - London Zoo
4. Erykah Badu - New Amerykah, Part One
3. TV on the Radio - Dear Science
2. Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes
1. Portishead - Third

3 comments:

Isaiah Barney said...

Why don't you have The Carter on your list? Your a disgrace

samcmac said...

I know, right? It's because Jordan Cronk hates all things hip hop; you heard it here first =P

Jordan Minnesota said...

Well you both know I find most rap insufferable at this point in my life. Clipse are the only rappers I can much stomach anymore, as well as the Cool Kids. A besides Barney, why do I have a feeling you haven't even heard that Lil Wayne album in it's entirety?