Monday, November 24, 2008

"Break Up Your Band" Launches/Signing Off....



UPDATE (11/25/08): A new periodic column I've begun writing for In Review Online has officially launched today. It's entitled "Break Up Your Band", and it's basically a series on the most essentials albums in music history. I explain it all in my introduction to the series, and beginning next week I will be highlighting specific albums and writing in-depth histories/analysis of each one. Here's the list of essentials I will be drawing from, to which I will adding to every so often. Also, check out the revamped In Review Online. Looking very sleek to these eyes. Lots of new movie and music reviews to peruse all over the site.
That is all...

Well it looks as if I'll be signing off for the week earlier than expected. Things have gotten all balled up on my end, what with my contributions to Pop Matters heating up, as well as a new feature set to be launched at In Review Online as early as tomorrow. So unfortunately, that Belle & Sebastian BBC Sessions review has to be pushed back until this weekend at the earliest. I will return to regular content next Monday though, with reviews of the new records from Love Is All and possibly the Lucksmiths, in addition to some capsule reviews of some new movies, including Australia, Slumdog Millionaire and (ouch) Quantum of Solace.

Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving

4 comments:

Cha Cha Gloria said...

That feature you speak of should be up tomorrow night. Everything's being pushed because Luke still doesn't have Chasing Gold done. He promises he will by the time I get off work (4:30pm) and so I'll publish then.

Glad you like the new format. I'm really liking it too. Just wait till you see the banner for your new feature...

- Gloria Estafon

kevin said...

nice list i guess, but you do realize you have nothing by steely dan, right? kinda nullifies everything else. also, you're missing pavement's best album.

Jordan Minnesota said...

Like I said, there are many great albums that didn't make this initial cut, and I will be adding more as I see fit. At no time though, will there ever be a Steely Dan record on this list. Sorry.

As far as Pavement goes, I'm assuming you are referring to "Wowee Zowee", which will probably be added at a later date. I wouldn't consider their other 2 records essential, although I very much like "Brighten the Corners". "Terror Twilight" also has it's charms but is far from essential.

Big fucking man. said...

Happy Thanksgiving Jordan Crank!