Sunday, June 24, 2007

Margot at the Wedding

Oh yes, it's true, it's true. It has finally arrived. The trailer for Noah Baumbach's new film Margot at the Wedding is now below for you viewing pleasure. I can't even tell you how good this looks. Even if it's only half as good as the Squid and the Whale (my #1 film of 2005) or a fraction as good as Kicking and Screaming (maybe my favorite movie period), then we are still probably looking at another modern classic. I'm stoked that Nicole Kidman is in it; she's always fantastic. And I know Jack Black can do good work with the right material. So it's fitting that he is working with Baumbach, the king of good material and by some distance the best writer currently working. And Jennifer Jason Leigh is Jennifer Jason Leigh - perennially underrated and consistently cast aside for the flavor-of-the week types. This is gonna rule. Mark my words.



No comments: