Friday, March 16, 2007

SXSW 2007



I don't know, maybe it's just me, but if I'm Direct TV and I am going to go through all the trouble of airing performances from the largest showcase for independent music of the entire year, wouldn't I want to put on some decent bands. I mean, what's this Razorlight and Aqualung trash? There are literally thousands of bands to choose from. I've already seen tons of crazy photos all over the net of what look to be amazing shows - Les Savy Fav, Boris, Magick Markers, Bat for Lashes among many others. Why not air those? Thankfully a few good bands get some face time - Peter Bjorn and John, Annuals, Polyphonic Spree and the almighty Buzzcocks. If you missed them today, you can check out Annuals & Peter Bjorn and John tomorrow (Sat.) at 10 am and 11 am respectively on channel 101.

2 comments:

Laura said...

There may be a dearth of good coverage on tv, but it abounds on thissite. Check out live footage from Les Savy Fav, Mika Mako, Black Angels, the Gossip, Erase Errata and tons more.

Jordan Cronk said...

awesome. thanks laura.